Friday, September 9, 2011

Imitation is flattery??

Just wanted to address the number one question that I get often…

Q: Can you make this bow/necklace/tutu cheaper??? (while attaching a picture from another boutique)

A: In short – NO!

You may send me a link to a picture of something that you like or are looking for that you don’t currently see on my facebook page/website/zibbet store… but I will NOT try to duplicate it cheaper than the originator. That is just flat out wrong.

What I will do is attempt to create something similar but for my price. If it is cheaper, then good, if not, I’m sorry.

Handmade items take time and some people forget then when they are ordering or buying. You are not buying something off the rack that is made in a factory and is mass produced. Every bow is made to order. I do at times have some items that are ready-to-ship… but most of my orders are custom and made when your order is placed. I try to keep my prices affordable for anyone on any budget while at the same time making enough money to pay myself. This is my business and my job.

I am sure that other boutiques, if they are honest and legit, will tell you the same thing… that undercuts our hard work when you blatantly try to have someone “copy” what we have spent our time creating just to save a few bucks.

With that said, I do welcome and ideas if you know what you are looking for but don’t see it pictured on any of my sites, send me the link to it in an email and like I said, I will try to do something similar, but will NOT flat out copy it! If you want it bad enough, then please buy from the source.

I’m sorry if I have offended anyone by posting this, but I have gotten numerous emails from several different people asking about this. I just want to address it and let you know why I can’t do what you are asking.

Thanks for reading and look forward to working with you soon!

Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment